Emotional Intelligence Training
This two-day Emotional Intelligence Training course will enable participants to develop a communication style that is more self-aware and more emotionally competent, building better work and personal relations.
Any staff member, team leader or manager interested in the value and meaning of emotional intelligence, who would like to develop their own emotional intelligence or that of their team, with a view to maximising the benefits in work and personal relationships, and minimising stress and conflict at work.
Session 1 : Understanding the Changing Business Environment
- The Need for Emotional Intelligence at Work
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
- The Limits of IQ
- EQ in the Workplace
- Can we Learn EQ?
- A framework for developing Emotional Intelligence
Session 2 : Developing Emotional Competence
- The Difference between Emotional Competence and Emotional Intelligence
- The Emotional Competence Framework
- The Characteristics of Emotional Competencies
- Emotional Awareness Questionnaire
Session 3 : The Emotionally Competent Manager or Employee
- Managing personal stress and change
- Personal motivation
- Developing responsibility and ownership
- Improving listening skills
- Assertive communication skills
- Dealing with conflict
- Building co-operative relationships with difficult people
Session 4 : Developing an Emotionally Competent Team
- Organisational Best Practices
- Managing Stress and Change in Teams
- Motivating teams
- Developing the Emotional Competencies
Session 5 : Selecting Suitable Staff
- Core Workplace Behavioural Competencies
- Questions to identify Core Competencies