Employment Equity Committee Training is essential if you want to avoid your company being fined up to 10% of your annual turnover for not complying with the Employment Equity Act. This training programme enables managers and consultation forums to work together effectively to ensure a constructive business transformation process. This course will enable participants to:
- Develop a common understanding of the Employment Equity and Skills Development Acts and their relevance to business in South Africa
- Understand the functions and responsibilities of Employment Equity Consultation Committees
- Know how to provide a meaningful contribution as members of a committee, through the understanding of essential skills required for consultation and meeting processes
- Consult constructively with all staff on the drawing up and implementation of Employment Equity plans
- Share information on what other South African organizations are doing to practically implement Employment Equity plans
Also available as an online training course – click here for more information.
Members of Employment Equity Committees, Workplace Forums or Consultation Committees, senior managers, HR staff and anyone involved in drawing up or implementing Employment Equity plans for your business.
Two Options are Available:
1-day Workshop: An introductory workshop which provides the company’s EE Forum and any other relevant managers with a thorough understanding of the Employment Equity legislation and process, and gives members of this committee all the necessary practical tools to work together constructively towards developing a sound consultation process within the business.
2-day Programme: After the introductory workshop the group attends a second day, either the following day, or any time within 8 months of the first session. This session gives more focus to topics relevant to the Forum, to help develop a transformation process within the business. The group is given assistance with the implementation of Employment Equity plans through customised consultation and facilitation in topics such as:
- Diversity management
- Communication of EE
- Skills Development
- Qualitative Planning.
Module 1: The Employment Equity Act
- Social and Business Imperatives of EE and BEE
- Understanding terminology – AA, EE and Diversity
- The Link with Skills Development
- Understanding the EE Act and the 2014 Amendments
- Obligations of Designated Employers
- Understanding the Consultation Process
- How to ensure the right people in your EE Committee
- Responsibilities of the Employment Equity Forum/Committee
Module 2: Understanding “Discrimination”
- Equality in Chapter 2 of the EE Act & the Constitution
- Distinguishing between Fair & Unfair discrimination
- Understanding “Direct” and “Indirect” Discrimination
- Practical examples of grounds for discrimination
- Clarifying Fair vs Unfair Discrimination in Work Conditions and Pay
Module 3: Employment Equity Planning and Diversity Management
- Conducting a Workplace Analysis
- Distinguishing between EE issues and other problems
- Practical implementation of Employment Equity Plans
- Consulting effectively with managers and employees on EE
- Benchmarking against practices in SA businesses
Module 4: Effective Committee Functioning
- Ground rules for functioning as a consultation committee
- Essential EE Committee meeting skills
- Drawing up a Constitution and meeting protocol
- Good practice for company communication
Additional resources such as Typical Meeting Agendas, Constitutions and Sample Employment Equity Plans, are also available to participants on this course.
WE CAN ALSO PROVIDE YOUR COMPANY WITH A PRACTICAL AND ENTERTAINING VIDEO FOR COMMUNICATION AND TRAINING OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY TO STAFF. THIS VIDEO IS UP-TO-DATE, SOUTH AFRICAN IN CONTEXT, AND ILLUSTRATES REAL–LIFE SCENARIOS AND TYPICAL DIVERSITY PROBLEMS THAT SOUTH AFRICAN BUSINESSES EXPERIENCE
The full video is 20 minutes long, but to get a taste of it, watch the 3-minute preview below!
The video comes supplied with a comprehensive guide to assist managers and facilitators of the video, as well as answers to frequently asked questions. Read more about our Employment Equity DVD.
“It was a pleasure working with you, and we will definitely reach out to you over the coming months as we build an effective team.” (EE Committee Chairperson)
“Our committee is finally able to function more efficiently now that we have done this training, and people are no longer arguing! Thanks again for the excellent course, and all the additional assistance you’ve given us as a bonus!” (HR Manager)
“This course was just what we needed to help us to make sense of our functions as EE Committee members. It was so interesting and everything was easy to understand” (Factory Worker)
“For the first time we have had training that actually brought management, HR and general workers together. Our managers and union reps are finally on the same page!” (General Manager)