This Employment Equity Training course is designed for HR professionals and anyone involved in Employment Equity strategy in a business. It will give you all the knowledge you need about Employment Equity law – how to be legally compliant and how to practically apply the law in your company.
This course contains slide shows, short video clips, downloadable information, forms, checklists, and easy-to-understand notes to help you get your head around this seemingly complex but really straightforward topic.
There is a quiz at the end of each module to check your understanding, and a module explaining all the quiz answers. You can also do an online test to achieve a certificate of completion. Click here to have a look at some of the course material.
This ONLINE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY course will enable participants to:
- Understand Employment Equity Law and its relevance to business
- Understand key concepts and terms in this law
- Understand companies’ obligations
- Learn how to set up Employment Equity in your business
- Know how to produce EE plans & legally compliant documents
Each Module in the course can be completed separately and contains a combination of notes, slides and downloadable media. The course is self-paced and can be completed in 6 to 10 hours. All learners are offered ongoing content or technical support throughout the programme.
Anyone wanting to understand EE law and its relevance to SA companies.
Module 1 – Understanding Employment Equity
- Why Employment Equity – understanding Affirmative Action
- Terminology & Definitions
- Frequently asked questions about EE
- The Link with Skills Development
Module 2 – Companies’ Obligations
- Duties of Designated Employers
- Stages in Employment Equity Legal Compliance
- Responsibilities of the Employment Equity Manager
- The Employment Equity Committee’s Roles and Responsibilities
Module 3 – Understanding “Discrimination”
- The Employment Equity Act and “Fair” vs “Unfair” Discrimination
- Fairness in Recruitment, Selection and Promotion
- What is “Reasonable Accommodation”?
Module 4 – Planning and Reporting on Employment Equity
- How to do a Workplace Review
- Putting together an Employment Equity Plan
- Reporting Annually to the Department of Labour
- Record-Keeping and Legal Evidence
Module 5 – Company Communication of Employment Equity
- Preparing a Communication Strategy
- Considerations in Employment Equity Communication
- Practical Company Communication on Employment Equity
To book and pay online, register here OR Complete the form below if you need to submit an invoice to your procurement department for approval first. Group discounts available, contact us for more information.