Effective Performance Management
1 or 2 Days
People in any management or supervisory who want to either implement a formal Performance Management system or improve on existing company systems, as well as managers who need to manage staff performance more effectively on an ongoing basis.
Legislation and sound business practise require that businesses have formal and objective systems and processes to manage staff effectively. Performance Management should link the organisation’s goals and strategies to individual and team performance, so as to increase organisational effectiveness. This programme helps participants to implement good Performance Systems/Performance Appraisals that achieve the following objectives:
- Encourage constructive, objective feedback and open communication between employees and supervisors regarding job objectives and performance.
- Enable management and employees to focus on organisational goals, job requirements, obstacles to performance and set goals for the future that benefit the organisation and the employee.
- Facilitate strategic planning, succession planning and identify future potential of employees.
- Identify training needs and developmental objectives.
- Identify and correct performance problems before they impact too much on the organisation/department.
1. Introduction to Performance Management
- Principles & Objective of Performance Management
- The Link Between Coaching, Performance Management and Discipline
- Typical Problems
2. The Process & Stages of Performance Management
- Defining Jobs and KRAs
- Managing Performance on a continual basis
- Formal Performance Reviews
- Following-up and Milestone Meetings
- Rewarding Performance
- Training and Development Plans
3. The Formal Performance Review
- Preparing for Performance Reviews
- How to conduct the Review
- Building Rapport and Trust
- Questioning Techniques
- Listening Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- After the Review
4. Setting Performance Standards
- Setting Goals and Key Result Areas
- Setting Performance Standards and Indicators
- Ensuring Clear Written Accountabilities